Sunday, April 3, 2011

Happy Home!

I know...it's been a few days. Has it ONLY been a FEW days?! Yikes. Feels like a month. In any case, right after I signed off my last entry, the laptop decided it had had enough and the broken-taped-together cord finally gave out on us. WHAT? NO INTERNET?? NO NETFLIX?? NO MOVIES?! AAAAA!!! LUCKILY....the movers came the very next day. They said they would come at 8am, so we were up and ready at 8am. at 11am, we decided it would be fun to go to the park since our things were still MIA. Celeste made a new friend.

They played Mario for a long time, he pushed her on the swing, she played coy and always needed to be rescued (which the boy was more than happy to do). I can already see my daughters future.

At around 12:30pm, our things decided to make their grand entrance back into our lives. This house was a complete MESS. It has taken three full days of me working and telling Greg what needs to get done...but it is about 99% FINISHED. I vacuumed the whole upstairs because it's all unpacked and organized. I'll get some pictures tomorrow, I'm sooo tired and the kiddos are in bed. I get to give my home a facelift, but I'm pacing myself at one room per paycheck. This paycheck I get to get a super shaggy rug for the tiled family room, and recycle our old curtain and make them into valances for all the windows downstairs. I think I also need a runner for the sliding glass door, and some nice flowers for the kitchen table. Next paycheck, look out, cause I'm getting some things for the kitchen!!

On a side note...Celeste calls vacuum lines "monster teeth".

1 comment: