Thursday, April 28, 2011

Fluffy Sea Turtles Drinking Roast Beef

I have done it. Project kitchen is done. YAY! Let me explain. When we moved in, our house is significantly bigger than our old house. We need new furniture (and by new, I dont mean we need to REPLACE anything, we need MORE of it!), there are blank walls everywhere....But we're a single income household, there's only so much we can do if we don't want our credit card to max out. So here's the deal. Every paycheck (bi-monthly), I get $200 to give an area of the house a facelift. Now that we got moved in and I got BASIC things done (window trimmings), I have a better idea of what I want for each room. KEEPING IN MIND: This is BASE HOUSING. We can't paint (I think we CAN, but we have to unpaint it when we move out and since we're not staying more than a few years, it's not worth it to us), and we can't remodle. First area on my list? The KITCHEN!

Here is it before we moved in.

Now here it is after we moved in.



And here it is with the face lift.


Here is the wall facing the ocean Before



And After.



And the pantry wall Before



And After.



Just for funsies...here's before moving in, and after it's done.



The crafts included in this room were the FAMILY sign and the valance made from curtains from the other house. Total spent was $138. I can live with that. If I get each area done under $200, I get my living room furniture faster. YAY!

Next? Dining room/ laundry room/ staircase.

2 comments:

  1. Looks good, Shell. I never understood why military housing always kept everything so sterile looking. White walls, white cabinets, white vinyl floors.....boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! You have the "bug"! Sorry, you inherited it honestly, right Lissa?

    ReplyDelete