Thursday, April 21, 2011

Purple People Eaters Coming to Town The Day Before Tomorrow

So this week has been a delight. Greg worked all weekend and on his day off (Monday) he slept all day because he only got about two hours of sleep that night total while on duty. I went to get groceries and while I was bringing in ten bags at a time, my shoe caught on the safety gate and I took a pretty good spill, landing squarely on my right knee. LUCKILY.....even though there was food everywhere, I landed on linolium, and the gate fell on me too, THIS knee injury did NOT require any medical attention. Greg pulled my knee in a few different directions to see if there was any ligament damage, but I got lucky with just a knarly bruise on the top of my knee. I've been easing back into my workouts since then, instead of doing zumba I took the kids on a walk in the stroller up and down hills. I ran last night, and the injury seems just fine.

Tuesday Caleb had a doctor appointment and amazed everyone by his new trick....singing while breathing in. He imitated everything we do, and I always try to make funny voices because he laughs and laughs at them, and one of my funny voices is talking while breathing in....and one day I was talking to him in that funny voice and he just started making wheezing noises! I was alarmed for a few minutes, till I realized they were intentional and he was trying to make the funny voice!! He is now a pro at it, and will prompty make his funny voice whenever prompted. The nursing staff thought he was a hoot. The doctor thought he was amazing. That's my boy!

Yesterday morning, I woke up to the sound of Celeste's toy vacuum. I got up about five minutes later and was walking downstairs, when Celeste started walking upstairs with the vacuum in hand. She greeted me with, "Oh hi mom! I've been bacuuming for TWO HOURS!! I've been eating ALL the footprints! Now I'm gonna bacuum upstairs now."

We decorated Easter eggs last night. It was pretty fun, I put Caleb down for bed so we wouldn't have to worry about him getting all egg curious.




Aren't they just glorious?

Last night, Greg went to bed a few minutes earlier than me, and when I went to bed, there was Calebs BB Gun on my side of the bed. Greg started giggling and said, "Shelley, I would appreciate it if you didn't leave your gun in bed." I replied, "Well I would appreciate it if you didn't leave cats under your pillow." Slowly, he reached under his pillow and sure enough, there was a beanie baby cat under there!! What?! How?! Well, I had Celeste lay down in our room for nap time because she usually lays down in the spare room so she doesn't wake up Caleb, but I needed the spare room for crafting and I noticed she left a cat under the pillow. Mwahaha. I couldn't have planned it better myself. Score one for Shelley.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I love what Celeste said about the bacuum and you need to record Caleb with his inward talking!

    ReplyDelete