Monday, April 4, 2011

Productivity Increase of About 15%

I may have slept in, but I tell you, I was super busy all day long!!

After a brisk 45min workout that included a step class and arm toning, I got the kids ready and went to the Commissary for FOOD. I FINALLY got the kitchen stocked with food (I wanted to wait for a few days after pay day so all the crazy people wouldn't be there)...I eventually got to cook for the first time EVER in this house, but that's later. Caleb is such a great baby, always so happy..even getting groceries.


Ooh yea, I don't remember if I already wrote this, but Caleb got himself a Marine Corps hair cut, and it made his hair even poofier, if possible.

By the time we got home, it was already 11:30am, and I had only gotten two things on my list done. I put the Waleb to bed for a nap, and cleaned up the downstairs big time, installed the shower caddies in the bathrooms, and sorted out the living room (which it seems will always be the trash room, there's so much trash in this house). Greg came home for lunch at around 2pm, and by then the only thing in the house I had to do was vacuum and mop the downstairs.

I took the kiddos to Target and got a nice area rug for our tiled downstairs, along with a nice little handheld vacuum for the stairs and a welcome mat. When we were browsing the rugs, Celeste kept yelling, "ooh Mommy, they're so POOPY!!" over and over. I asked her if she meant poofy (of course that's what she meant!) and then explained what poopy actually meant. Then trying to shove a 5ft rug into the back of a small car doesn't usually work out so well. I tried several variations includingputting the passenger seat as far back as possible before deciding it still wasn't safe to drive that way. I decided to call Greg to bring his truck to the rescue, but realized I also forgot my phone. Perfect. I ended up figuring out I can push one seat of the back seat forward, and put it in the trunk. I love how my car can do that...two car seats and one seat down for optimal storage capacity in my trunk. WIN.

Then we went to Michaels for a picture frame and somehow ended up with a bag full of flowers too.


When we got home, Gregs friend Bill was over looking at Gregs ammo. After he left, Greg and I mused over the fact that our good friend stopped by on his way home from work and how nice it was to have visitors. I missed Bill so so much, and I miss Akiko too, haven't seen her in a long long time.

As stated earlier, I got to cook in my kitchen for the first time!! YAAY! I mean something other than macncheese or hamburger helper. First thing cooked? Parmesean chicken with rice and broccoli..my signature dinner. I also got to hang up all the pictures in the staircase. The first set is our collection of wild west pictures, with the earliest on the bottom, and the one from Tombstone  last month on the top.

The picture on the landing is actually an old band picture that's ten years old, someday I'll get a nice family picture and change it, but I just wanted to see how it would look there, and I really like it a lot. The second set of pictures is basically our story as a family. It will start with our wedding picture, and then Celeste pictures, and ending with Caleb and Celeste pictures.

There are a few frames with no pictures because our printer ran out of ink. I know which pictures I want to print, and that's what matters.

And just when I thought my day was done and sit down to write this story, Greg somes up and starts peeling my sunburnt skin. Who should appear curious about the world, but Celeste herself, who asked why Daddy was taking off my skin. After explaining about sunburns and peeling skin, she joins in on the peeling fun. So now my husband and daughter are peeling my neck and back. Good times.

It's been a very nice, and busy day...I think I'll hang out at the beach tomorrow...


1 comment: