Sunday, May 6, 2012

Holy Burning Eyeballs, Batman!

Happy May! Huzzah!! It's weird, last time I checked, it was still MARCH, but considering that's the month HE left, I guess it makes sense that I try not to look at a calendar too much. Until it drop kicks me. In the face. Like...."It's MAY Beeyotch!" And then I'm left wondering what I've done with my time since March. Well....let's take a look at this previous week then.

Last time, I had pink eye. In both eyes. Which was SUUUPER FUUUN. The first week, they were red and teary and goopey. Then Saturday happened. Saturday, the sun was shining, and my eyeballs were feeling super AWESOME and I spent all day outside. All my neighbors were planting flowers, stealing trees, etc. So I decided to tackle to backyard. Now....Greg and I have just let it grow au natural...and let's see how that went.


I was playing around with the panorama, but that's besides the point. Nice, no? Well, I started weeking and cleaning off the patio, and I'm so glad I had my helper boy. So nice.




I went to Walmart and got red mulch and five pretty flowers. I wish I took a pic of when it was done, cause it looked so nice, but I wasn't thinking, and got a picture today. MOST of the flowers look nice, but one on the end seems to be the bane of Jack's existence. I don't think Jack likes the flower on the end. he seems to have trampled it. Aah well, I'll keep watering it and hope it grows back (cause it's an annual plant).


Aaaah it looks so sad!! Oh well.

Anyways, on Sunday I woke up and my eyes were BURNING! And light sensitive! AAH! Apparently thats a normal thing and just part of the healing process, but I really had the worst time, especially driving, which is something I do a lot for work. It didn't help that one eye was really bad, then when it got better, the other eye got bad. It was one of those suffer through it kind of thing. They're better now, the got better around Friday, but now things appear hazy in the light.

On Thursday, we got our new exchange! I picked up Celeste from school early (cause our neighbor's son had a fever and I offered to pick him up so we could meet up at the grand opening). It was fun, I really like the new MCX, and the fact that it's at the bottom of my hill makes it even awesome-er. Did I mention it has a yogurtland?? Self serve soft serve frozen yogurt?!  FOR SURE my new favorite place of ALL TIME.
Now.........I wanted a pic of a monster with my monster, but no way was Caleb gonna let this thing hold him, so I had my five year old take our picture. True story.

Pretty good, yes?
After that I headed over to grab a copy of Full Metal Jacket and waited in line to mee Gunny R. Lee Ermey. If you don't know who he is, you're probably not associated with the Marine Corps much.







Yesterday, May 5, we went back and saw this lil thing....

And it must have been very tiring for Caleb.

And this poor boy. He will be forever plagued with 4th of July shirts. I can't help it if nature and a little determination decreed that he was born on America's birthday. Americana shirts will be on his body till he's two decades old dang it!!



And that concludes this week's fun adventures. Now that I'm getting better REALLY, this should be the AWESOMEST WEEK. I'm determined, dang it.

Cheers and Tally Ho!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey!!! They had those shoes at your Target, too - huh?? Now we can be feetsie twinners in Utah this sumer! lol It's totally a thing. A REAL thing! =)

    ReplyDelete