Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tootaloo and a Banjo Too

Hello there kids!

My kids are super crazy. Celeste is starting to talk a lot more now, which makes me feel better about her starting school this year. she plays with the neighborhood kids almost all day long, so I dont really have any funny quotes other than, "MOM..POOPY IS NOT A BALL!!" I might need to explain that one..she found a stuffed cat she had named poofy today, and spent the morning calling it poopy, then she kept shoving it in my face saying, 'PET HER PET HER PET HER!!!' so I tossed the cat out of my face, thus the oh so charming poopy is not a ball quote. Seriously, nothing THAT strange happens MUCH around here....

As for the boy...he's becoming an escape artist...climbing out of the shopping cart, high chair, even climbing up the baby gate. He roars while throwing his arms up, as to say IM A MONTSER!! GRRR!!! and tooth #4 has finally made it's arrival,so no more hillbilly lil three tooth grin.

As for my boring craft rut, I FINALLY got some good crafts this past week.
Exibit A: The skirts.

Exibit B: Personalized sign...with instructions on making your own!!
Here is all the stuff I used. First I modpodged twon 12x12" scrapbook paper on a 12x24" canvas (yes, modpodge under the paper, and over). Then I traced the letters on contrasting paper and cut them slightly smaller than the outline, and modpodged them.


After it was all dry, I took my dark brown paint and stensiled on a few decorations, and then painted the sides and outer edged of both the canvas and letters.

I put on some fragil crackle (you cant even tell, but maybe one day I'll rub some paint in the cracks), then glued on the letters, and bam-o....your own personalized sign!

Some of you may remember it matches the one I did for the kitchen, so when we move, I have the option of putting them together.

So...this weekend I went with my friend to TONS of furniture stores!!! I FINALLY picked out a bookcase and living room chairs. I went back to the base and ordered the bookcase from the furniture store for cheaper AND no tax. I'll get the chairs later, but I'm tired of having boxes of books in my living room.

I had to take the kids on Saturday cause Greg was helping a friend move, but Sunday was just me and my friend.....or so it was planned. As I was backing out of the driveway, Celeste came out sobbing cause I was leaving without her. AWWW!! So.....she came with us. Later that night I FINALLY got patio furniture. I wanted two chairs and a table, Greg wanted a loveseat swing. I figured since I picked out the living room stuff, Greg could pick out the patio stuff. And now all the kids love swinging on our swing.


No comments:

Post a Comment