Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Panda Panda Panda Panda Panda PAN-DAH!!

Today I took a trip down Shelley Does it Herself Lane. Sometimes...when I haven't done a craft in more than one week, I start to get the shakes and start getting itchy teeth that make me think of CRAFTING. Ok..well, maybe not, but you get the idea. UNFORTUNATELY, because I have been pacing myself on this darn house, this pay period has just been dragging on and on and on, and I'm not even on a very fun area. So far the pay period is two days left and I have spent less than $60. Crafts? Well, I'll get to that at a later blog. Wow, I really do just go on and on, don't I. Well, there I was. Craft withdrawl. And sometimes I see something so fun and neat that I must replicate it. I look at directions once or twice, then obssess in my head about how I shall execute it. I THINK I get that from being in Colorguard through high school, but I'm not sure.

Ok...more TO THE POINT. A friend posted a picture of some cute panda bread. What the frick is panda bread? Well, read on people.

All the sites I googled gave a recipe, but I just used my own recipe (thanks for the cookbook, mom!!) that I knew was good and involved rising a few times. This is everything I used.

When I got the dough to the right consistency, I divided it into three balls, with one being half as big as the other two.


I used food coloring to make one of the big balls green, and cocoa to make the small one brown.

I let it rise to double, then got out my two brad pans.


I separated all the dough in half.


Constructing the face was the first part. I separated the white dough in three balls, one being half as big as the other two, just like step one. I rolled one of the bigger pieces into a worm as long as a bread pan. I separated the brown ball into four equal parts, and made two worms to put on the top of the first worm, and made the small white ball into a worm for between the eyes.


Still with me? Good. I made more of a rectangle from the rest of the white dough and wrapped up the face nice n purdy.


Then I made the other two bworn pieces into worms and put them on the top for ears. I got a small chunk of the green ball and made a worm for between the ears.


Then I made a large rectangle out of the green, and wrapped the whole thing up.

Awwwww, who's a snuggly wuggly panda bear?

I made two (obviously) and put them in the bread pans to rise again. What is the moral of the story?
Shelley has too much time on her hand that she's making snuggly wuggly animals into her family's food.

(The on on the right was the one I took pics of.)

THE END.

3 comments:

  1. OOO, I can think of all kinds of cool "pictures" you can do with bread; like shamrocks, Christmas trees, hearts, etc. Never thought of that! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bread! I haven't "crafted" in ages but am working on something right now -- I'd forgotten how fun it can be. I'm making a grandkid bulletin board. I don't know if I'll blog about it or not -- but I will send you a picture. I'm thinking it will turn out pretty darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A flamingo would be cute, too! I ended up not having time to make mine yesterday, so today I will hopefully get to it before my alloted energy for the day is used up....

    ReplyDelete