Monday, May 16, 2011

Granite Sheep

Hello there. I figured I would do a few updates. Well folks, here they are.

On the subject of the house:
I was drastically under budget this paycheck. Not MUCH to do. Here's the Super awesome pictures.
Dining Room:
Before
After:
Laundry Room Before:

After:


Stair Case Before:


After:




I felt very very bored with this section. It was essensial cause I needed things like the key holder and a bag dispenser, and our table top was getting very worn so I got a table cloth, and found a runner that matched the kitchen runner exactly but was more for suitable for wiping feet, but it was very boring to me. Crafts included framing (including customly framing the big family picture) and making a bag dispenser. Blah. Very boring indeed. I barely even topped $100 out of my $200 budget. You know what that means??
GRAND FINALE!!! I got a new piece of furniture for our empty living room!! YAY!

See how pretty it is? Our new entry table! I put a wax warmer on it and got some scentsy wax, and it makes my entire house smell GRAND!! Next furniture? A large bookcase.

Next on my list of things to write about is a new thing I'm doing. My wonderful mother go me an amazing thing for my birthday. A HUGE golden book of CHOCOLATE. Wait, that's not right....RECIPES. THAT's better. Chocolate RECIPES. I am going to do one a week. YUM! Don't you wish you were over once a week!!
This week was a lovely delicious brownie type dessert. Three words: Chocolate. Cream cheese. Orange. That's right. I present to you Cream Cheese Swirl Brownie.

MM Yes. Take it all in. I accidentally made it in an 8inch square pan instead of 9inch, and was freaking out cause the middle wasnt even close to being done when it should have been so I read and reread the instructions before realizing my error. I just baked it for a while longer and it turned out really good. It's one of those foods that you're not sure you like it untill you take more than three bites, then you realize you love it and can never live without it. True story.

As for life in the Hill family, I'm shopping for superhero tees cause everyone in the family has several but I have zero. I have made great friends with my neighbor and we've begun doing Insanity (work out program) together. Greg is growing closer to my friend's husband, cause they work on cars (shock). Celeste runs wild in the neighborhood and I'm getting a little more comfortable with it because she's always with a girl her age and sometimes with a group of boys slightly older than her, and they always stay around four houses in a square. I've been to a scentsy party, mary kay party, and a movie with the neighborhood ladies. It's a great life in Camp P, and yes....we still LOVE it.

1 comment:

  1. Recipe? It's against the rules to post delicious look food without the recipe.

    ReplyDelete