Monday, March 21, 2011

This Day is NOT My Day

Today was the last day before we begin the move. Since I'm dragging the kids to SD tomorrow to take a look at the house and begin planning where everything goes (OK......by 'begin', I'm pretending I haven't been staring at the floor plan for hours every day for the past month), I decided I would take care of the car before the movers came to survey the house. Before I even got out the door this morning, I had to change Caleb's clothes three times. I knew it was going to be a super awesome day when the kitten had a dingleberry that fell on the floor in fron of my 8 month old son, who's curiosity is even more powerful than his sense of smell apparently. Luckily, the cat poo did NOT end up in his mouth. I just had to scrub his hands and change him. Fun times.
The first errand on my list was redeeming a free mini detailing on my car from the dealership. I figured it would take maybe 15min tops and I might as well use it while we're still here. Apparently a mini detailing includes detailing the inside, outside, and engine, and takes an hour-ish. I was holding a squirming fussing, screaming, teething, tired, hungry baby, and realized I even managed to walk out the door without his food. Awesome! He screamed at me for an entire 55min before finally falling asleep in my arms only to be woken up 5min later cause the car was ready. Celeste was another challenge entirely. I think that girl has ants in her pants because even though she was watching TV, she kept dancing/running/skipping around the entire room and talking nonstop. The only good thing about the entire trip was that we were the only ones in the waiting area the whole time except an old man who was there for about 15min. I decided to go home before attempting to get the tires changed. I needed a break!!
We got home at around noon, and my friend Connie came over to collect the blanket I made for her son. I told her about my horrible day and felt better laughing about it with her. At 1pm, a man from the moving company came to our house to survey our things and make a list of what we have and what they need to bring. It's so nice having someone come pack all our things for us. The guy was really nice and funny and told me all sorts of stories about other homes.
Caleb took a great nap, and while he was sleeping, Greg kept calling and sending me pictures of the new house. He got the keys today!



So the entire hectic crazy day, I kept getting pictures of different aspects of the house, like my new kitchen.



So I went on with life as usual. Took the grumpy kids to Discount Tires to get *shock* new tires for my car. I knew it would be a lot of money, so I had tried to convince Greg to get two at a time per pay check to spread out the expense, but he apparently thought it would only be about $100. Yea....per tire! So Now grumpy kids and I were at the tire store. But here's a picture of the dining/family room!



I was a little concerned about spacing, since we have a nice large table with matching china hutch, and nice entertainment center and couch and chair and large bookcase for the DVDs, but I decided if we get rid of the coffee table (which we dont need and have been thinking of getting rid of anyways), we can put the sofa perpendicular to the stairs to separate the rooms, and the TV against the far wall. But on the plus side, the kids have an amazing view in their room. Celeste will be soooooooo thrilled.



I can't wait to see it tomorrow! We're going to get a futon, a washer and dryer, and maybe look at some other furniture tomorrow for my formal living room. :)
After the tire store, I stopped by the grocery store to grab some brownies (dont judge, I had a rough day!). After eating delicious SUPER HEALTHY soup, I had a brownie. Or two.  And now I finally got the grumpy kids in bed and it's time for me to have a love affair with the recliner, Netflix, and cross stitch. Not for too long, I have to get an early start tomorrow so I can see this freakin house!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment