Saturday, August 27, 2011

Fish Fry

Arg, I'm totally horrible about updating. I feel like I've been so busy, but don't have much to show for it. Or...maybe I do, but it's for everyone else. Aah, I guess I'll get to that later. Maybe I should have titled this 'Shelley CRAFTS Her ARSE Off While Greg is Stuck at Work'....but I like fish fry, even though we didn't even EAT fish this month.

Ok, I guess I'll start with the beginning. The first weekend after the last post Greg decided to run a triathalon. Yaay Greg! He came in 14th in his division (male military ages 25-29), and 383rd place overall (out of about 1200 people). He ran it in an hour and forty minutes. I completely forgot my camera (BAD Shelley!!), but here is what I got on my phone.


We couldn't see him before his swim in the fridgid swim, where he battled riptides and a massive northern current, but we did find a great observation area where we got to cheer him on during his bike ride and run, where he even got to give Celeste a high five! It's difficult to tell in the picture, but we were at the finishline cheering for him, and Celeste was trying to give him another high five, but he only saw the kids on the other side of the finishline trying to give him high fives too. She didn't get any high fives at the finishline, but it was still fun to cheer for him. I didn't get great pictures, but the company hired to photograph the event got a few pics of Greg.





 The rest of the day, Greg had to work (nice, right?) then completely crashed when he got home. Later that week, I was browsing facebook, and a friend posted a picture of a crocheted viking hat. I showed it to Greg who immediately said, "MAKE IT NOW". So I found the pattern on Etsy and went to work. The next weekend, Greg went to North Carolina for work, and since his ultra super best friend in the universe lives there, it was mostly fun for him. His friend Heath just had a baby a few months ago, named Perun. Let me explain.....Heath is a viking. For reals. That is why Greg made me make the hat INSTANTLY...so he could give it to Perun upon arrival. By the time Greg left, I had made two hats; one for Perun and one for Caleb.

Just think...the next time these hats are together....Caleb and Perun will get to meet!
Anywho..here's Perun in his spaztacular viking helmet!

 And of course, Mister Monster in his viking helmet!


"GGGRRRRR!!! IM VIKING!!"

Also exciting that weekend, I got to go shopping with Rachel and Sarah, who gave me kind of a makeover. I think I tried on everything in the stores! I haven't really been shopping since I had Caleb Monster, because I haven't lost the weight yet (NOT from lack of trying!!), and I'm just not comfortable in my body yet. I'll get there, but it was still a good lesson, learning what actually DOES compliment my mommy body. Over the course of the week, I made an adult pink viking hat for Rachel, and an infant pettiskirt with a matching hat for Codi.


That weekend was Rachel's Dirty Thirty party!! We got a party bus and headed to a club. It was a brand new experience, very exciting!



I didn't drink much, and was DEFINATELY one of the most sober people on the ride home, but still had a great time!!

That brings us to this week. I finally finished the pettiskirt that goes under Celestes pirate costume, but can't post that yet, cause I want to wait till I'm all done with it. I CAN post a picture of the SUPER CUTE boots I got for her costume though!!


I also started teaching Celeste how to crochet. She isn't even close to doing it right, but I show her how to do it, and let her just have fun and pretend she's doing it. For now. And it's contagious. Her best friend Brooklyn came over and decided she wanted to try it too.


Celeste has decided she's going to start racing just like daddy. So Greg has been working on working out with her, running around our neighborhood, doing things like mountain climbers and burpies, and I make her do yoga with me (only the stretching part, cause the other stuff is 'TOO HARD!').


Doesn't she look so grown up?!

 On Thursday, Greg and I went to Celestes new school for orientation. I cannot believe my little tiny baby girl started kindergarten! One of her friends Wyatt is also starting kindergarten with her, so we all walked down together.







Friday was her first day of school, as well as my first day with baby Noah, an old family friend's one month old half Japanese boy. He was sooooo sweet, and good natured, and EASY!! I forgot how awesome it is not having to chase a baby around, or put him somewhere and not have to worry about him not STAYING there for two seconds!! Noah also got a viking hat, as well as a squid hat that I gave him almost a year ago!



Isn't he sooooooo cute!?!

I asked Celeste about her first day of school. She told me they sat on the tape to listen to the teacher, and the class was noisy and they got in a little bit of trouble, and then they sat at the desks and she sat in the middle, and she drew a cherry tree, and then she ate her banana and played outside, and then she read books, and then her teacher read a book about a gingerbread man. The only bad part? I wasn't early to pick her up and she got scared because there were SOOO MANY PEOPLE picking up and dropping off their kids, and she couldn't find me. I told her next time I will be early so she doesn't have to be scared.

Today was the baby shower for Codi. Remember the infant pettiskirt and hat? I put them in a gift bag. Upsidedown. True story.


And now.....I just want to go to bed. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment